Friday, November 30, 2007

Energy Use and Carbon Emissions

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/30/business/30green.html?ex=1354165200&en=1c1addb77f9d1da8&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

An article from the NYT suggests that there are a lot of easy and cheap ways we can cut carbon emissions and save money at the same time. Of course, being the New York Times they have to throw in some government mandates, just to demonstrate their ideological purity, but in general I agree with some of their points.

I am waiting for the NYT to advocate everyone keep down the temp in their house to 60 degrees, like I do. Just got our last electric bill. $36.00. Last month was over $40.00. We use electric to cook and to heat our water. Just wear your long johns and sweaters in the house.

Yet, somehow I doubt there are many greens who can sacrifice their bodily comfort to try this. Am I wrong? I would love to hear from you greens on this. Most of the greens I know are more along the Al Gore line, content to chastise others. Logs and splinters.

No comments:

 
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory